Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad: Cool (er Than Your Dad)

My father is most wonderful. And super cool. In fact he is in Uzbekistan right this minute. How cool is that? For the past couple of months he's traveled about to all the other stans--sending me purses from Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan as well as a beautiful silk scarf from Azerbaijan. Now that's pretty cool.

Not only is my father an accomplished world traveler, but he's taken me (and my family) to some pretty awesome places. Because of his great brain and work as a Foreign Service Officer we've lived in Guyana, Jordan, Peru, Mexico, and Venezuela with visits to the Dominican Republic, Egypt, Israel, and Syria scattered in between. And even though my Dad has a pretty crazy work schedule he's always made time for my brothers and me. He plays computer games with us, sponsored epic Foosball tournaments, helped me with essays and other writing assignments (he's a ridiculously good writer), driven me to and from legions of extracurricular activities, came home early from a work trip to make it to my IB art exhibit, raucously cheered (maybe even cried) at my high school graduation, etc.

There never will be enough good said about my Dad. For he is the coolest and I love him.




2 comments:

A. said...

Such a sweet post. He sounds awesome!

Willard said...

HEY, I didn't cry at your graduation!!!! A few tears leaked out at the award ceremony!