Saturday, May 1, 2010

I won't have to wish that I'm in Dixie......


Next week I'm heading down South.

I ADORE the South.

Although, my actual "real-life" experience of the South consists only of the 2.5 months I spent in Georgia as a counselor at a private Jewish camp (keeping kosher is probably not the most typifying Southern experience), I feel a deep, deep connection for all (well most) things below the Mason-Dixon line. Consequently, I am beyond thrilled to spend next week chilling in North Carolina and Georgia.

Okra will be grilled.

Which I will then eat whilst on a boat whilst on the lake.

I may or may not succeed in wake boarding.

I will dare to eat a peach.
(I may also wear white flannel trousers whilst walking on a beach)

But most importantly, there will be Sara.

Together we will wear matching t-shirts...

brush up on our Southern knowledge...

and enjoy those Southern sunsets.



Thank goodness for friends who are wonderful and brilliant
(and who just happen to live in North Carolina).




No comments: