Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Das Leben ist gut

A lot of weird things happened to me today.

Today, I tried to buy skim milk from a coffee shop and they decided it would be a good idea to boil it for me first and give it to me all nice and so steaming hot that I couldn't even drink it, never mind the humid 80+ degree weather. Whyyyyyy?

When we were walking home from the grocery store (our backpacks stuffed to bursting) I was eating my Hershey's candy bar when I walked past a homeless man who started berating me for not giving him something to eat. So I just looked at him and handed over the rest of my chocolate bar just like that, not even pausing in my walk, and he just laughed and laughed, and sometimes I guess I do things like that.

While practicing piano at the capilla for my grand debut at July's Super Sabado, I taught impromptu piano lessons and then got asked if I exercised, got my abs felt up, and I guess they were tolerable enough because I was asked and then somehow ended up agreeing to teach yoga classes next Tuesday. Oh em gee.

Oh, and one of the hermanos from our ward invited us to his choir practice after I expressed interest in Honduran composers and lo and behold J. & I end up in the choir singing Carmina Burana in Latin and German and heavens, they found out I play piano, and I have an audition this week to see if I'm good enough to play for their concert {pees pants} and they are legit so I probably won't make it and needn't worry, but hey, I was instructed in Spanish how to sing in German today and basically life is both fabulous and terrifying, and additionally hilarious and I bought a fish with all its scales today that I am going to behead and skin, and heck I'm just developing new talents all-freaking-over the place.

Also, I've now officially ridden a motorcycle in Honduras. YES!

3 comments:

A. Montes said...

Wow Kels, you are having quite the adventures! The story about the candy and the homeless guy made me laugh. I hope the piano audition goes well, even if you don't make it. Don't have too much fun down there or you'll never want to come back to us!!

kelseytron said...

Dear Kelsey,

I am pleased to see that your life in Honduras is excellent.

Love, Kelsey

Kelsey said...

Amber: If I don't come back I won't see the new baby! So of course I will come back.

Kelsey! You are awesome. Love, Kelsey