Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My Nice Camera, My Nice Books

A few months, on this very blog, I bemoaned (innocently) my lack of camera and cute blogsy photos. And then, yesterday, my goodly parents who (because they) read my blog (bless them) gifted me a camera so I can document my life with HD pictures. And never mind that I'm a rather horrible photographer, here's a post dedicated almost entirely to some of the hundreds of Christmas photos I took in my new-gift-induced photo-taking frenzy. Thanks Mum & Dad!

Christmas break is the best. Especially three week long Christmas breaks. And especially Christmas breaks back with the family in Northern Virginia. C'est la (very good) vie! I've also been able to make a strong foray into my Winter Break Reading List which I'm including below because hey, I like to know what y'all are reading and I like sharing.

The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure (for anyone who loved the Little House on the Prarie Books)
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (not really my go-to genre, but goodness is it entertaining)
A Scots Quair by Lewis Grassic Gibbon (everyone loves Scotland and prose that makes them weep with joy)
Kristin Lavransdatter by Sigrid Undset (the medieval Norwegian equivalent of a A Scots Quair)
The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain (snarky travel narratives=bueno)
The American by Henry James (So I have to read this for class, but it's probably very laudable and stuff)
Pursued and Assaulted Chastity by Margaret Cavendish (because chastity is awesome, especially when you use guns, poison, and manly disguises to fend off all those assaulters and pursuers)

Merry Christmas!















1 comment:

A. said...

Happy Christmas! You aren't too far away from me right now. And that makes me happy. Only NC in between us. :)